There are many ways to get involved with The Open Door. Below is a list of some ideas. Please feel free to contact us discuss these or any of your own ideas further.
**Note: we are currently desperately in need of donations of diapers and baby formula**
- Do a fundraiser or food drive for The Open Door at your church, school, workplace, etc. We can provide a list of suggested food items
- Donate gently used clothing – we have a particular need for children’s clothing but clothing for all ages and sizes are gladly received
- Sign up to prepare a meal for our Wednesday Bible Stories and Lunch or to prepare and serve dinner at our Thursday Night Dinner (September to June)
- Join our clothing sorting teams to help us sort clothing in the evenings
- Apply to volunteer at The Open Door
We regularly accept the following donations (they can be dropped off during our regular hours at The Open Door)
- Canned food
- WalMart or grocery gift certificates
- Gently used clothing
- Bus tickets
- Financial gifts
is a person who is a light to others, giving witness in a mixed-up age, doing well and willingly the tasks at hand-namely, being aware of another's needs and doing something about it.
is a person who remembers to do the thing to make other people happy, who takes the loneliness out of the alone by talking to them, who is concerned when others are unconcerned, who has the courage to be a prophet and to say the things that have to be said for the good of all.
is a person whose charity is fidelity, who is faithful in an unfaithful world, grateful in an ungrateful world, giving when all about are grasping, listening when others need to tell about their fears and problems.