What We Do. Let us introduce you to our ministry.
The Open Door averages over 21,000 visits per year. The majority of visits are from those in crisis but we also have many other opportunities to help:
- Thousands of visits to our food cupboard for food, toiletries, diapers and so on
- Over 335 people attended one of our Christmas meals
- Every Thursday we see 40-60 people attending the free dinners
- Approximately 200 students received backpacks and school supplies for Back to School
- In 2014 we were blessed to have three different churches host Thanksgiving dinners for our clients
- We distribute a vast number of diapers
- Over 100 families per month receive free clothing
We see an average of 70 to 100 people per day! Everything at the Open Door is free to those in need.
Staff and volunteers minister to people in many different ways. Here are just a few of the ways that The Open Door serves those in need in Mississauga.
- Referal counseling
- Emergency food cupboard assistance
- Diaper distribution
- Clothing distribution
- Wednesday Bible stories
- Thursday Night Friendship Dinner (September - June)
- Christmas Family Program
- Help with Back to School needs
- And so much more!